Meeting of the ELBA Program Steering Group and launch of the 3rd Programming Phase. Montenegro, 14-15 May.
The first meeting of the ELBA Steering Group for the beginning of the third phase of ELBA was held in the city Bar, Montenegro, between the 14 and 15 of May 2019. During the visit, the participants of the program had the opportunity to visit a number of social enterprises created within the ELBA framework and discuss with their members while also, they have visited the headquarters of the Caritas Montenegro in Bar.
During these days, the meeting of the Elba Steering Group also had the opportunity to discuss the findings and recommendations of the final evaluation from last program period, to present and validate administrative and financial matters relating to the current program period and to plan for the activities of 2019 (see file attached: ELBA 3 calendar), among tacking other issues.
Below is the summary of the basic parameters of ELBA for the 3rd programming period of its implementation.
|Title of the action||ELBA 3 – Developing Social Economy in South East Europe, 3rd phase|
|Locations of the action||8 countries in South East Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia|
|Total duration of the action||20 months (01.05.2019 – 31.12.2020)|
|Total budget||Euro 165.000,00|
|Objectives of the action||General goal
To develop the Social Economy in South East Europe, as a tool for fighting poverty and for innovating the services to people in need.
1. To increase the knowledge in South East Europe about Social Economy
2. To develop the Social Enterprises in South East Europe
3. To develop a proper ecosystem for Social Economy in South East Europe, by animating communities and by lobbying toward the local institutions
– Caritas networks and staff in 8 countries in South East Europe
– Social enterprises and Social entrepreneurs in South East Europe
– People in need to be involved in Social Enterprises
– Church communities in 8 countries in South East Europe
– Local institutions and networks acting in Social Economy
|Main activities||1. EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMME
– 1.1 REGIONAL MEETINGS OF THE LOCAL COORDINATORS: Improving the knowledge and skills of Local Coordinators
– 1.2 WORKING GROUPS: for the development of social economy in South East Europe and improvement of the Caritas impact
– 1.3 TRAININGS FOR SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS: Improving the knowledge and skills of the Social Entrepreneurs
2. DEVELOPMENT OF THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISES
– 2.1 ACCOMPANIMENT & MONITORING: Follow-up of the Social Enterprises
– 2.2 REGIONAL FORUM: Networking of the Social Enterprises in the region
3. DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL ECOSYSTEMS FOR SOCIAL ECONOMY
– 3.1 REGIONAL VISIBILITY: Visibility tools for the supported Social Enterprises and for Caritas achievements in Social Economy
– 3.2 AWARENESS MEETINGS: Animation inside Church communities
– 3.3 ADVOCACY & NETWORKING: Networking with other organizations and Advocacy toward local institutions
4. FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
– 4.1 REGIONAL APPLICATION: joint application to a Call for proposal
– 4.2 CONNECTION WITH CARITAS EUROPA
For a complete overview of the proposal, please open the file attached below : ELBA 3 project proposal